Sunday, February 27, 2005

Meditation

To friends who are miles away on some other part of the world....you are missed and remembered fondly. Although lyrically it is a tad bit too romantic and doesn't exactly say what i wish to say...but musically...bossa nova music is so apt, because of its sense of nostalgia, yearning, longing, bitter-sweet sentimentality. (the brazilians call it "Saudade")

I hope you all fly back soon!!

By Antonio Carlos Jobim- Norman Gimbel
---------------------------------------------------
In my loneliness, When you're gone and I'm all by myself, And I need your caress
I just think of you, And the thought of you holding me near,
Makes my loneliness soon disappear
Though you're far away, I have only to close my eyes, And you are back to stay
I just close my eyes, And the sadness that missing you brings
Soon is gone and this heart of mine sings

Yes I love you so, And that for me is all I need to know
I will wait for you, Til the sun falls from out of the sky, For what else can I do
I will wait for you meditating, How sweet life will be, When you come back to me

No comments: