Monday, May 16, 2005

Lost in translation

It's one of those horrid days...when you just feel like utter crap, but you know you've gotta pull yourself together. And somehow, intuitively, you know that it's going to turn out to be a bad day....and true enough it is (some of you might argue that is because i start off with that mindset...but oh well, despite efforts to perk myself up, it still went downhill).

I felt like I lost faith in a friend tdy...this person says one thing, and does another. It's not the first time, and I'm just honestly sick of it. Why can't pple mean what they say, and stick to it? I'm disappointed...again.

Finally, it's totally weird, but I miss someone whom I hardly know. Some of you know this person whom I've been referring to as "Poofy". haha! It's like someone allowed me to take a tiny bite into a really yummy, divine chocolate praline (mebbe one of those heavenly $2 a piece ones from "Sins")....and then took it away, refusing to let me savour the rest of it. So 'neh neh' right? Anywayz, I haven't been able to see Poofy since we last met....and I dunno when we will again. I just wanna get a chance to talk to Poofy again. It felt really....'familiar', in a cosy way....and that is truly rare these days, tt kind of connection. I'm not even talking abt it in a 'romantic way'...that kind of connection is rare even among friends these days. Sighz.

I'm just gonna keep Paula Cole's song, "Free" (lyrics listed in an earlier entry, if you're curious)on repeat mode on my CD player tonight.It's just perfect for my mood right now. Desmond commented that the lyrics are very "Lost in translation" (as in the movie). How true....being lonely in the city, a crowd, being lonely beside a friend. That great, poignant yearning for someone to truly understand. You feel caged up in so many ways, and all you wanna do is to break free, and fly away.

"Little super hero girl,save me.....from myself" - Corrinne May-

No comments: