Sunday, September 27, 2009

Holding On

What do you do when life seems determined to snuff out all the hope in your soul?
I've experienced it a few times before, but I've always managed to pull through and bounce back with God's help.
This time though, I'm watching it happen to one of my best frens. And its horribly painful to see it unfold. There's only so much a heart can take. I wish I could alleviate her pain. But I'm helpless.

How do you save a family member from the ravages of terminal disease?
What do you do when love dies?
How do you comfort a heart that has been betrayed and hurt beyond belief by a trusted life partner?

Today we sang this line from Jesus Messiah by Chris Tomlin in church,
"All our hope is in You, all our hope is in You.
All the glory to You God. The Light of the world."

I was reminded that more than ever, in times of crisis, during the 'dark nights of the soul,'
we need to hold on and believe in God's truth.
"For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power."- Colossians 2:9

God is greater than our hearts (1 John 3:20) and all the trials we can possibly go through.
We have everything we need in Him...be it strength, courage, hope, healing, faith or the power to overcome....and then to rise.
We just need to believe in His Word and trust His sovereignty.

No comments: