Friday, September 04, 2009

Beauty in the Broken

A few of you may have heard...Jeremy Camp's wife recently had a miscarriage. Such a sad loss, especially since Jeremy lost his first wife to cancer years ago, but their amazing attitude, their unwavering trust in the Lord during this time has been such an encouraging testimony. Read their blog entry here.

Made me wonder what's the song my soul will sing when all that's dear to me has been taken away. Will I succumb to despair or will my soul still sing of His unchanging goodness? Will I still believe? I can only pray that I remain steadfast when that day of testing comes...

Here's a song that I'm listening to now, which was written by Jeremy Camp after the loss of his first wife to cancer, at a very young age.
Lord, I pray that I stay the course, until "faith shall be sight."

I Still Believe (by Jeremy Camp)
===================================

Scattered words and empty thoughts
Seem to pour from my heart
I've never felt so torn before
Seems I don't know where to start

But it's now that I feel Your grace fall like rain
From every fingertip washing away my pain

Chorus:
'Cause I still believe in Your faithfulness
'Cause I still believe in Your truth
'Cause I still believe in Your Holy Word
Even when I don't see, I still believe

Though the questions still fog up my mind
With promises I still seem to bear
For even when answers slowly unwind
It's my heart I see You prepare

Bridge:
Well the only place I can go is into Your arms
Where I throw to You my feeble prayers
Well in brokenness I can see that this is Your will for me
Well help me to know that You are near

No comments: