Monday, January 18, 2010

Jon Chong's Gig @ The Esplanade (15-17 Jan)

Last week, I hardly knew how I would survive the wk with 3 rehearsals, 3 nites of gigs, and conducting the choir for Sun svces. Now that the gigs @ the Esplanade are over, I'm honestly quite relieved that I finally have a breather. But it really was a precious experience...every time I gig at the Esplanade is a precious opportunity. It was also great to be able to support Jon in his long anticipated album launch. I was with him when he first started out in his song-writing journey years ago. In fact, back then we were jamming in my room with Danny, and recording on cassette tape!! Haha! How we've grown since then. :)

Through this gig, I met some incredibly talented young musos from La Salle and a very groovy and funny bassist from Every Nation Church. And we had some fun times indeed...am looking forward to more gigs ahead. :)

I was also greatly moved by the show of support from my incredible fwens who came down to 'groupie' me. haha! And some of them even came down 2 nites in a row, although the sets were pretty similar. To be honest, I almost teared when I saw them in the crowd, looking so enthusiastic, cheering me on and even trying to make me laugh with their hilarious antics.

Thank God for the gift of fwenship. :)

Beautiful bkdrop of the Esplanade Outdoor Theatre.


Top row (L-R): Howard on bass, Jon on vox and acoustic guit, Stephen on electric guit
Bottom row (L-R): Naz on keys, Chow Kiat on drums, and me on bking vox

No comments: