Sunday, January 30, 2005

"This is your life, are you who you wanna be?"

- Switchfoot-

Those lines from a Switchfoot song really seem to sum up the essence of my generation. Those in their twenties....usually those who left uni not long ago, and are embarking on their careers. A bunch of kids who refuse to admit that they hv to grow up.
A barrage of questions that will plague us...such as
1) is this job taking me anywhere? what am i going to do yrs down the rd?
2) did i see myself in this place 5 yrs ago?
3) am i who i want to be? (in terms of character)
4) when am i getting married? Will i find someone?

n etc etc. Its a quarter-life crisis thing. I like what Buffy said..."I'm cookie dough....I'm not done yet". But well...whatever the 'outcome', whether i turn out to be 'choc chip', or 'oatmeal raisin'.....i know i need not hv to validate my existence, my worth in terms of my career, my marital status etc. I am a child, trying to love her Dad as best as she can, n i'll figure out the journey together with Him.

Till then....I'm cookie dough, I'm not done baking yet. :)

No comments: