Thursday, March 24, 2005

"Music that will melt the stars..."

" When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
The moon and the stars, which You
have ordained.
What is man that You are mindful of him?
And the son of man that You visit him?
For You have made him a little lower than the angels,
And You have crowned him with glory and honour."
- Psalm 8:3-5-

Daniel, my boss...wrote a song based on Psalm 8. He let me listen to it today.

It is always a special moment, when a piece of music touches you, moves you so deeply. Even more special and significant, when it points you back to God...when you feel the Lord's heartbeat through that song. It wasn't a very complex composition....just 3 main chords: Cmaj7, Em, G. I'm amazed at how beautiful a song it is.

In 4 short lines....I was reminded once again of His love, His awesomeness...and I felt that connection with my maker. His divinity was upon that spark of musical genius. That must be the most beautiful music on earth.....a composition that was inspired and driven by God's love, and flows out from a heart is drawn to worship Him....to love Him too.

There is a quote from Flaubert's Madame Bovary: "Human speech is like a cracked kettle on which we tap crude rhythms for bears to dance to, while we long to make music that will melt the stars."

Isn't that a beautiful phrase? I wish I could make such music too....
music that will melt the stars...and melt the heart of God.:)

No comments: