Sunday, April 03, 2005

10 Things to smile about....

1) The experience of walking home at 12 midnight, drizzled by the refreshing summer rain.

2) Spotting not just ONE horse on my way home (my bus passes by the Singapore Polo Club), but at least FOUR....in different colours of white, black, a combination of white and brown etc. They were eating grass and swishing their lovely tails!!

3) Meeting up with a dear old friend, and finding the hours just fly past delightfully...before we knew it, it was already 12.15am.

4) Being waited on by a very kindly, polite, fatherly waiter at this new italian cafe. Rare to find such gracious customer svce in Singapore man. There was something really nice...and kind about that man, brightens up your day. :)

5) The enjoyment of a quaint, charming, old-fashioned Hollywood movie like "Breakfast at Tiffany's" or "Sabrina". It's comforting to watch these old movies sometimes....and immerse yourself in an innocent, by-gone era where people danced in the streets and broke out in spontaneous song, spoke quirky witty lines, and cracked whole-some jokes.

6) Discovering that my friend Audrey was actually named after Audrey Hepburn, whom I love almost as much as Meg Ryan!!

7) Experiencing my very first studio recording session....a bit nerve-wrecking initially, but once I let go of my inhibitions, things started to 'roll'. Learnt to be less self-conscious in that short little session.

8) Being able to record with a producer who actually was Corrinne May's Berklee Sch of Music classmate. They did recording sessions together! I felt that was so surreal. :)

9) reading my students' feedback forms at the end of term...and learning that the journey through our vocal course has helped them to "love God more". Is there any job better than this?? :)

10) [this should be classified as something that makes me ROAR IN LAUGHTER instead of just smile]
Knowing that my mum was SO DESPERATE for her single daughter, that she pasted this newspper article on the kitchen wall:
" STUDIES SHOW THAT MARRIAGE IS GOOD FOR HEALTH"
-some skewed study eh? hahahahha!

No comments: