Friday, April 01, 2005

"Bye bye 'Cher!"

It's the last week of term at BMI, my school...and it's been filled with many reluctant, sentimental farewells to my students. Almost cried...especially after they prayed for me, and seeing how they were hanging ard after class....cos everyone was reluctant to leave. Am quite amazed at how attached I've gotten to my students.

There's this class which has been following me for 9 mths straight, ...and now that they're taking a break, I feel rather lost and upset. I've seen them grow so much, both technically and spiritually....celebrated their breakthroughs with them.I always look forward to seeing them every week.

There is another youth class that I will be missing as well, they really perk up my week! I am missing the kids at Compassvale Sec Sch Choir too....I coached them for abt 2 mths. They gave me hell at times, but it was fun getting to know them and so rewarding watching them improve week after week.

On one occasion,after some new tips, my sopranos finally managed to hit a high G, a note they could never hit before! When I told them "you did it!", they were so happy they stopped singing and just broke out into cheers and claps. I wasn't expecting that, but I really felt their joy.(call it a 'teacher's high'. Those who teach will totally understand. hehe!)

It may just be a simple incident, but that will be a life-defining moment for me I think. Perhaps God is really convicting me that I'm meant to be a teacher. haha!

No comments: