Saturday, April 30, 2005

"Safe in a crazy world"

I was deciding btw going out with friends as usual this Sat..and staying home to prepare for my gig/rest/ spend time with God etc. Somehow all my arrangements to meet up with different friends didn't work out....so I went home lor.

Then I got a call from Winnie,she found that Corrinne May's 2nd CD was out in this small, obscure CD shop at chinatown. (i've been combing CD shops regularly for mths in anticipation of the release of her CD, but to no avail mind u.) I was prepared to go to Bukit Timah to collect it from her...but amazingly enuff, she 'delivered' it to my doorstep, cos it was on her way to Bishan. AND I HAPPENED TO BE HOME!! Yay! haha! (THANKS WINNIE, YOU'RE AN ANGEL!!!)

Anywayz,so wot's the big deal abt one CD rite? Well, listening to Corrinne May's songs have always been ministering, food for the soul....but I guess God was trying to teach me something from this simple wkend experience. I think I'm quite prone to filling up my life with the noise and clutter of numerous activities (esp on wkends. I think many of you r guilty of tt too. haha!). Lately, it's been like that quite a bit...with a short stint at freelance writing, recording sessions, band rehearsals, gigs, meeting up with friends, plus work too. I remember i almost fell sick last wk cos I had so many things to do.

It was to the extent that when Eunice asked me how i was in the midst of all the frenzy...i just replied 'dunno, no time to collect myself/ think abt tt'. THIS wkend however, has been quieter than usual....and i felt myself getting uncomfy abt it. Instead of taking time out to recharge,collect my thoughts and reconnect with God....i wanted to busy myself with stuff to occupy my time.

I think God literally had to force me into staying home, to sit and be still! haha! Somehow I have this image of Stephanie training her mini-schnauzer, "Gin, sit!!" Yupz...anyway, God knows I need that time with Him.....if not i'll just get cranky.

So...Corrine May's album has indeed come into my hands at such an apt time. :) Thank you God, for putting up with my idiosyncracies and failings, loving me and keeping me safe in a crazy world.

[Finally, her 2nd album has been released...and i know the lyrics to the rest of this song, since the last time i watched her perform at esplanade.:)]

=====================================================================

Safe in a crazy world (by Corrinne May)
----------------------------------------
I try to smile my tears away
I try to keep my cool
Oh but one more door gets in my way
I feel like such a fool
Trampled and bitter
My heart just wants to bleed and stop
Believing in me

It feels like nothing is for certain
and that nothing comes for free
When they're lowering the curtain to the
Theatre of my dreams
I stumble and I crumble and I'm
Sinking to my knees but you
You cradle me

Chorus:
YOU KEEP ME FLYING
YOU KEEP MY SMILING
YOU KEEP ME SAFE IN A CRAZY WORLD
YOU UNDERSTAND ME
EMBRACE MY FRAGILITY
YOU KEEP ME SAFE IN A CRAZY WORLD
AND IN YOUR ARMS I FIND THE STRENGTH
TO BELIEVE IN ME AGAIN

Noise keeps chasing me
No matter where I go
Oh and life likes pretending that it's
On a TV show
When it's hard to tell what's real
From what the world just wants to preach
You are the voice I seek
(chorus)

'cause when I'm wrapped up in your arms
Nothing else can touch me
What a wonderful way to recharge
I feel like I can breathe again

1 comment:

winnie said...

Moo.. in the end, i went to maxwell market area for dinner, which is just behind chinatown complex. Guess GOD really wanted you to have the CD that day, making me go bishan then go all the way back where i came from! hahaha