Sunday, August 14, 2005

Surviving the week....

I don't know why I'm here....I know I shld be getting down to work. This is my current "must do list":
1) AWD1 schedule and overview
2) prepare list of songs for boss
3) Prepare students' presentation songs
4) run through the new wk's lesson plans
5) re-vamp songs for Primer n WD1
6) Get started on AWD1 lessons plans

So tired from the week that has just passed..and the thought of a new one seriously scares me. In contrast to the above list, which reflects the mundane reality of working life....this is my "WANT to do list" for today. (Feel free to drop a comment with your own "must do" and "want to do" lists. haha! Go on, amuse me.) :

*1) run off to botanic gardens, sit down at the Al Fresco Cafe with a great bk, and a glass of white wine with fresh raspberries.
**2) go Borders and buy tonnes of Roald Dahl bks (30% off tdy only)
# 3) buy a cute pink cardigan from U2 that has a quaint embroidered butterfly.
^4) declare Mon an official term holiday so that I can avoid teaching the overwhelming bulk of 5 classes.

*: no time and appropriate tpst
** and #: yes, sweet retail therapy. Unfortunately,no money
^: my bosses wld kill me and i wld lose my job

Well, at least one perk of my week was seeing more students touched during class. Somehow, a lot of students were incredibly moved by "Open the eyes of my heart Lord" and "Think abt His love". Hasn't really happened in this magnitude before. So was pleasantly surprised to see students tearing and even sobbing during those old, familiar songs.

Oh yes, and I saw Corrinne May at a talk at Esplanade library on Fri nite! She sounded beautiful in that small, intimate space. The generous gal was obliging enough to extend her talk by nearly half an hour. When she finally had to wrap it up, she joked by saying tt she was 'hungry lah'. Poor gal was swarmed by adoring fans after the talk tho'...so gdness knows when she finally got to eat.

1 comment:

winnie said...

Must-do List
Anything that have to do with the girls, from feeding, cleaning, changing, amusing, teaching etc...

Want-to-do List
Travel around the world with cash (& all my credit cards) and a backpack...