Wednesday, October 25, 2006

"A Thousand Kisses Deep"

Tonight was one of the best musical moments in my life.....watching Chris Botti live@Victoria Theatre. It was simply magical, everything a live concert should be- absolutely dazzling in terms of musical virtuosity and finesse (In Singlish, it means 'Fierce ah!' I've not seen such an incredible jazz band live, with the likes of Billy Childs and Billy Kilson. We were indeed a privileged lot. ), but most importantly, it was moving and inspiring because of the deep, special connection with the audience. *Sigh* That's what music is all about...that's why I love to sing.

Chris Botti and his musicians, are truly gifted.....they gave such stirring, sensitive and expressive performances. Andrea and I were reduced to mush, and moved to tears. Chris Botti's unique, silky tones were amazing to experience live. And like the Leonard Cohen song he regularly performs, it felt like "A thousand kisses deep"....to the soul. I'm just soooo glad I got to go.....would have really kicked myself if I gave it a miss. It was really worth every dollar! THANK YOU GOD, for letting me go!!!

It's really so rare to see an audience this engaged......it was like we were all cast under a spell. Nobody spoke a word while Chris was playing/speaking! And I must say, this guy is so refreshing in the way he bantered comfortably and freely with the crowd. Most famous musicians can't be bothered during their concerts. But Chris was telling stories about the songs he played, about his experiences (like playing with Sinatra!!), cracking jokes and really just establishing that awesome connection with the audience. I know I must sound like I'm just absolutely smitten haha! But if you were there you'd understand why. This guy is just incredibly personable, warm, good-natured and charming!

What a memorable night! :)

No comments: