Sunday, December 10, 2006

Assuredly Yours

Sometimes we have to go through a rather painful journey of letting go of our own trivial dreams, in order to receive the bigger dream that God has in store for us. And when we finally come to that stage of sweet surrender.....we realize that we're breathing the air of heaven.

2006 for me...has been about that. I felt a little bit like Job (but of course, he had it a 100x worse). I was 'kicking and screaming' initially...for having to give up so many dreams and creature comforts, for having to suffer major heartbreaks over and over again, for having to see loved ones admitted in and out of hospital, for having to die to self and take up the cross.

But now I think I can see a little more clearly, why I had to go through that punishing journey, all that testing.
My heart was numb and cold initially....but now, I feel His heartbeat, His dream alive in me.
Yes Lord, whatever it takes....grant me a heart to know You, break my heart for the things that break Yours.

"My soul follows close behind You;
Your right hand upholds me."- Psalm 63:8

==================================================================

'Assuredly Yours'
(by Ollie Sebastian)
--------------------------

All that I am is in You
All that I seek is to follow You
I run to Your side when You call
For there is the Hope I am longing for.
Just to be by your side
There is hope in my life
There is no greater freedom I'll find

Take my life
And all that I have to give
Take my world
Just inhabit all of it
Take my dreams
Make me assuredly Yours.


(Listen to the mp3 at: http://jazzymoo.multiply.com/music)

No comments: