Sunday, January 21, 2007

Homesick

A dull ache persisted in my heart today...
Something's missing.
I looked out my window, and closed my eyes.
Strangely, the tears wouldn't come,
But my heart made a silent cry.
"How long O God?"
I felt the night breeze rush in...
and I allowed it to enfold me
in the Lord's comforting embrace.


"...when the real want for Heaven is present in us, we do not recognise it. Most people, if they had really learned to look into their own hearts, would know that they do want, and want acutely, something that cannot be had in this world. There are all sorts of things in this world that offer to give it to you, but they never quite keep their promise.

The longings which arise in us when we first fall in love, or first think of some foreign country, or first take up some subject that excites us, are longings which no marriage, no travel, no learning, can really satisfy.

I must keep alive in myself the desire for my true country, which I shall not find till after death..."- C.S Lewis


"I close my eyes and I see Your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now.

Help me Lord because I don't understand your ways
The reason why I wonder if I'll ever know
But even if You showed me the hurt would be the same
Because I'm still here so far away from home." - MercyMe, 'Homesick'


"Look at my heart again
Look at the mess I've got it in
I'm trying to trust in You
To know that you'll see me through
Through my pride
Through my shame
Into Your love
Into Your grace
I'm not looking back
Till I see Your face
& I'm running straight to You
Because

All I really want to do is to fall into
The emptiness that is
The space in-between us
To break this division
All I really want to do is to fall into
The emptiness that is
The space in-between us
Erase it and bring us together again." - Building 429, 'The Space in between us'


No comments: