Sunday, January 21, 2007

Undone

I've been listening intently to an old MercyMe album, "Undone" of late....and it's been quite a stirring experience. This album was birthed forth from a difficult period of trials for the band. In their human fraility, the beauty of God's strength radiates so assuredly.....and nuggets of wisdom and truth have emerged from their experience on the broken road.

Listen to tracks from the album here: Http://jazzymoo.multiply.com/music

Here are some notes from their CD album sleeve which explain their interesting choice of album title:

===================================================================
"Un-done"
1.Untied, disassembled, or loosened.
2. Throw into confusion; unsettled; unraveled.


"I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out to for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong:By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward- to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not running back."-Philippians 3 (Message Bible)

We decided on the title "undone" because it sums up where we are as a ministry and as individuals. We thought we knew where we were headed until Christ stepped in and everything came "undone". While His plans came together, our plans came unraveled. I believe this is exactly where God wants us...undone. Incomplete. Unsettled with what we think is best, and embracing Christ, who knows what's best. Trust me, we will never know all the answers or have it all together, but thankfully, we know who does.

Undone,
Bart

No comments: