Saturday, October 31, 2009

Afterglow

After a massive thunderstorm this evening, the streets and buildings of Orchard Road started to glisten with a magical afterglow. The fresh air, the cold wind, the light drizzle and the city lights created that Christmasy/ Wintery atmosphere- a rare moment in humid, tropical Singapore.

I plugged into my iPod, and as I listened to Annie Lennox's "Waiting in Vain"...I felt like I was in that movie, "Serendipity" for a surreal moment. Festive season-check. City setting- check. Reflective state of mind- check. Sense of uncertainty as to what the future holds- check. Bittersweet tension between beauty & poignancy- check.

I remember Daley Hake wrote something about how the heart goes through seasons.
I'm not sure what the next season holds, but I'm praying I'll be alright.

"Just breathe, and every little thing will be alright."- 'Inhale/Exhale' by Marty Sampson

1 comment:

Romey said...

You will do just fine.. Smile aye! J