Monday, October 19, 2009

Chris Tomlin- "Glory In The Highest"


Chris Tomlin talks about his brand new album

Ever since I bought this album on Sat, I've been playing it on loop and I've been finding it hard to tear myself away from my Macbook. haha! Yes...its THAT good. The only other Christmas album I'd rave about is Israel Houghton's "A Timeless Christmas." But "Glory in the Highest" is quite different and I don't think I've ever heard a Christmas album like it.

Most Christmas albums are studio recordings, but Chris' is special because:
1) Its a live album featuring tight and creative song arrangements for your familiar Christmas carols. Chris and team are just so gifted, I don't know how they got the inspiration for these unique arrangements. And he's so talented at coming up with new refrains for old songs. Every time I listen to the songs, I go, "How did he think of that??" Wow!

2) This album features great worship leaders/singers like Matt Redman, Christy Nockels and newcomer Audrey Assad, whose sound kinda resembles Sarah McLachlan (awesome)!

3) You can actually hear the sound of the people fully engaged in worship, which is so beautiful.

4) I think there's just something so worshipful and ministering about Chris' voice. :) What a gift from God!

I bought my copy of this album from Trumpet Praise around $16...and its worth every cent. Now I just have to tear myself away from the Macbook, so I can go swimming. :)

2 comments:

extravaganza said...

told ya, chris is king! hahahah

Michelle-Lea said...

I didn't say Chris was king!!! haha! I just said he rocks.