Monday, May 31, 2010

Moving Forward



After sitting in for Every Nation Church Singapore's band rehearsal, Dawnie & I fell in love with this groovy and hopeful song. Somehow, it also reminded me of this beautiful verse in Joel (the most anointed book in the Bible. I'm not biased. Just sayin'), which speaks about God's promise to restore unto us our wasted years. This is our God.

"And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you" (Joel 2:25)

And so everyday, I'm learning to let go of my past disappointments, hurts & regrets...to lay them at the feet of Jesus and find solace in His arms. Its still a daily struggle, but a choice I have to make. For it is when I have faith in Him, and trust Him to write the story of my life, that I love Him best.

Lord, help me to recover my passion for worship, for YOU. Help me to move forward into the fullness of the destiny that You have for me.

Moving Forward (by Israel Houghton & Ricardo Sanchez)
==================================================
Verse 1:

What a moment
You have brought me to
Such a freedom I have found in You
You´re the Healer
Who makes all things new
Yeah yeah yeah

Bridge:
I´m not going back
I´m moving ahead
Here to declare to You
My past is over in You
All things are made new
Surrendered my life to Christ
I´m moving moving forward

Verse 2:
You have risen
With all power in Your hands
You have given me
A second chance
Hallelujah hallelujah
Yeah yeah yeah

Chorus:
You make all things new, Yes
You make all things new
And I will follow You
Forward

No comments: