Wednesday, February 01, 2006

CNY

Image hosting by Photobucket
1)I joined Jo and Shirley at Marina Sq, after slipping away from the first day of CNY visitation. We made a sweet sight in pinks n lilacs...i think. haha! This was taken at Swensen's.

2)On the 3rd day, I met Lishan for a long, lazy lunch at Siem Reap Cafe at Indochine, Empress Place. It's a lovely place for Al Fresco dining as it faces the river...of course if you hate basking in the sun, then go there at night instead, when its much cooler. We were feeling so relaxed, I forgot to take the pics I wanted to. Haiz!

Anyway, the fd there was surprisingly gd. We got iced mocha lattes, fried vegetarian spring rolls for starters, and for mains we had the Duck Noodle Soup (EXCELLENT! The duck was tender and the broth was fragrant n thick enuff), the House Salad (which came with an interesting egg/ mango dressing). Laotian/ Cambodian/ Viet cuisine can be very refreshing and fragrant indeed.

The mains are actually quite affordable btw...won't blow your wallet. Abt $10-12. Drinks are kinda pricey tho'.Ard $6/7. Anyway, if anyone wants to chill out there with me, let me know. i lurve tt place. :)

3) In the evening, I met up with Steph and her mini-schnauzer Gin...whom I suspect is starting to recognise me. I HOPE! hee! It's always enjoyable walking her, holding her in the car (and she's so sweet, she will rest her head in the nook of my arm, and place her paw in my hands. Awwwww...) I SO NEED A DOG OF MY OWN LAH!!!!!

But as I was telling Steph at Casuarina Curry....I think I'm quite fixed on the breed that I want. A Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, female, Blenheim colouring (that's a mixture of white and brown). You can check out this website to take at it. http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/cavalierkingcharlesspanielphotos3.htm
Anyone who knows someone who is giving away or breeding Cavaliers, pls let me know. :)

4)Ngak is playing at Timbre on tues (and Fri) nites...but I had to refrain myself from going this wk. Sekali he think i stalker groupie. Haha!

5) Today (4th day of CNY), some of the BMI gals (Berno, Jo and Pam) came down to my place. My sweet grandma made us a lunch of Fried Bee Hoon, Chicken Curry, and Kueh Pie Tee. Poor Aaron was stuck in sch with mountain-loads of projects and a stuffed sinusy nose, so he cldn't join us for mahjong afterall. Quite a waste..cos i think he wld hv really enjoyed the fd, and tokking to my 'happening grandma' who used to sell luxury cars.

Well, since the 'mahjong master/sifu' wasn't ard to teach us ignorant gals the rules of the game...we cldn't play, and ended up heading to town to play pool and to PIERCE BERNICE'S EARS!! haha! Silly gal, she was joking when she made tt suggestion to me last nite, but we all agreed that it wld be fun, and that it was abt time she did it! Besides, we wld be there to give her support! haha! So, Bernice was dragged down to "B.dazzled" at Wisma Atria to get the deed done.

Here are the pics! Apparently the salesgal cld tell that we came for ear piercing, just from observing Bernice's worried expression from afar.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Bernice before the piercing....getting her ears 'marked'. She said her heart was beating faster by then.

Image hosting by Photobucket
In goes the earring! It all happened in 2 secs. They don't use the 'stapler-gun' thingy anymore...so no more horrid sounds...and this disposable catridge thingy is real fast too.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Close-up of her pierced ears

Image hosting by Photobucket
All done! Wasn't that painful afterall rite my gal? And doesn't she look all pretty and sparkly now. :)