Sunday, July 23, 2006

Frilly Fralla

















It's been a tiring day....had to shift most of my things over to my grandma's place, which will be my home from next Sun onwards. I really must applaud Rie and Lishan for helping me move all my stuff....it was back-breaking work I know- 3 gals....lugging heavy heavy loads in and out of a car, up and down stairs, into lifts etc. Sigh. Thank you gals....you're truly great friends. Brace yourself for Part 2 next Sun. *gulp*

I've been spending quite a bit of money, buying stuff from Ikea to decorate the ugly, white cell of a room that I'll hv to share with my cousin, at my grandma's apt. I never realized it before, how impt aesthetics are to me. I just cannot bear to live/work in an ugly environment. So.....to cheer myself up, I've taken to buying what May calls 'Frilly Fralla' stuff (ie. frivalous, unneccessary, decorative) like sheer purple/blue curtains, posters, embroidered cushions, night lamps etc.

It's adding some colour to the rm....but I'm still not happy with it. Looks like I'll hv to head back to Ikea again....but I better not bust my budget.

I really cannot wait to get my own place....without the naggy/controlling parents/relatives....at this age, I'm really starting to place huge value on my own freedom and independence. We're all growing up!! So many pple shifting out to live on their own, buying property...or leaving S'pore. (I'll miss you Pammy and Steph!)

Ok, I'm way too exhausted to ramble more. *Poof*

No comments: