Monday, July 17, 2006

Inconsolable

I just discovered this bitter-sweet gem of a song by Jonatha Brooke.
The lyrics seem to relate somewhat to the events that some friends are going through.
It actually caught my attention musically first......it started out all acoustic-folksy (as i like it), then halfway went into this jazzy instrumental solo! What a pleasant, unexpected surprise!! Cool stuff. Her vocals are lovely too!

It was later on that I started to really hear the lyrics....it's so sad....when you realize that those closest to you are not who you thought they were.....human nature is so unpredictable sometimes. Why why why?? Maybe it's part of growing up...that's why so many of my friends are going through it as well. Sigh......while I battle my own disillusionment and numbness, I really hang on to what Audrey told me a while back. "Don't let ugly circumstances change the core of who you are."

Listen to this 'jagged little pill' of a song on my multiply site:
http://jazzymoo.multiply.com/music
I've also uploaded other great songs by Alison Krauss, Lisa Loeb, Dixie Chicks and an obscure track by Sarah McLachlan.


Inconsolable (Jonatha Brooke)
==========================

I never knew what enough was
Until I'd had more than my share
I let the darkness in
And it was then I lost the dare
It was then I lost the day

There will be no prayers on your return
And there will be no party thrown
And you will find your inheritance is the silence that's grown
It is the seed that you've sown

'Cause you were the one sure thing
The one sure thing
Maybe I'm not crazy, just inconsolable
Inconsolable

There is no mystery to be revealed
And so we tell the truth and then run
I love you because I love you
And I did think that you were the one
But now I see who you've become

'Cause you were the one sure thing
The one sure thing
Maybe I'm not crazy, just inconsolable
Inconsolable

No comments: