Thursday, February 08, 2007

Reliving Rockstar INXS

Ahhh....back in the days when I still had cable, this was one show that I followed religiously (and infected my fellow music aficionados to follow as well). I remember being blown away by Jordis Unga's raw yet moving interpretations of "Imagine" and "The Man who sold the world"....head-banging to Marty Casey's infectious original rock anthem "Trees"...and tearing at MiG Ayesa's tribute to his wife with "Baby I love your way".

This show was WAY BETTER than the overly commercialized Am Idol (Rockstar Supernova was a 1st class disappointment though. Too many posers/wannabes for my liking) . For Rockstar INXS, the finalists were actually well-established singer-songwriters/musicians in their own right, even before they made it on the show.

(from left to right): The 3 finalists -MiG Ayesa, Marty Casey, J.D Fortune

I'm still pretty miffed that MiG and Marty lost out to J.D Fortune in the finals...but ah well....I do concede that he is the best fit for INXS. Anyway, I was really thrilled when I stumbled upon some mp3s from the show!!! I can now relive some of the show's best moments to my heart's content. I've uploaded them up on to my multiply site as well...for y'all to enjoy. (Guess you can tell who my favourites are from the playlist!)
Http://jazzymoo.multiply.com/music

Playlist:
======
1) The man who sold the world- Jordis Unga
2) Imagine- Jordis Unga
3) Trees- Marty Casey
4) Mr Brightside- Marty Casey
5) Creep- Marty Casey
6) Baby I love your way- MiG Ayesa with Jordis and Marty
7) Hard to handle- MiG Ayesa
8) Layla- Jordis Unga
9) Walk this way- MiG Ayesa

Jordis Unga

Marty Casey

MiG Ayesa

No comments: