Friday, September 14, 2007

"Stir my affection for You...."

I am very grateful for the fellowship of the musos in my band, who are just so in love with God. :) Last nite, I had a very heartwarming online chat with Nigel, our guitarist. We were sharing about how we should meet up more as a band to just worship together (technicalities aside)....and to make it a priority especially when we're busy. He shared his original songs with me (which I totally appreciated), we talked about the possibility of writing songs together as a band, and even leading worship in his house church. We talked about bringing in more keyboards to diversify our sound...haha! (Ok, that came from me, the Corrinne May/Brooke Fraser freak)

I felt extremely encouraged from that little talk...and my heart just came alive. It was like long lost dreams were being resurrected from a not-so-distant past. And I'm sure that God was winking at me from up above. :) Something is stirring, I can just feel it.....songs are waiting to be birthed from the depths of our souls. It's exciting, and it's such a beautiful avenue of release and expression for all of us. But most importantly, I'm so glad that we're resonating with a common heartbeat.....to see hearts connect to God. At the end of the day, that's what it's all about.

Thank you God for the music. But more than that, thank you God for the fellowship that You've blessed us with. We need each other in this body of Christ, to press on in our journeys on earth. May faith arise. Stir our affections for You.

================================================================
"Chapter One" by Shane and Shane

(based on John 1:18)

stir my affection
stir my affection
stir my affection for You
for You're my only hope

You Yeshua
explained the way He moves
as just an ordinary man
then again, You're the first, Jesus
and by Your hand we move
You're the image of the invisible God
You are God, You are God

bring fascination
bring fascination
bring fascination of You
for You're my only hope

No comments: