Sunday, May 11, 2008

Coloured Fwens @ Riverlife

L-R: Shirley, me (Purple Fwen), Muffin Boy (Dark Green Fwen), Abi (Generic Green Fwen), Erica (Olive Green Fwen), Jo (Golden Fwen), Daniel, Jason (Dark Red Fwen).

Yesterday, a whole bunch of my coloured fwens came down to visit Riverlife Church. It was buckets of fun having them around. :) It also happened to be my first time singing as lead vocals for service...not that I invited them to watch ME hor....I was substituting for another vocalist who got sick at the last min.

Anyway, service was about to start...the pastor was on stage and the worship team was taking their places on the stage. Imagine my horror when I heard a high pitched "MICHELLLEEE!!" My eyes widened and I saw Erica, Abi and gang in a row, all laughing in glee. Aiyoh! And when service ended, and they were waiting for me to be done, they did a mexican wave for me from their row of seats. Very hilarious....and in a way, heartwarming too lah. To have such crazy and supportive fwens. haha! [yes, I love ya mad pple!] I gave Erica n Abi, "my groupies," a hug once I got off stage. haha!

It was really really wonderful serving on the worship team again, as lead vocals. :) Its been 3-4 years since I left the FCBC worship team....it's really been quite a long journey. And somehow words alone fail to capture that long, restorative journey God has taken me on. But believe me, I was so so blessed to be serving again, alongside Andrea, my Pink Fwen, and the other fantastic people on the team! I had great fun. :) And you know...it's just so beautiful that we're all growing together, not just in terms of skills, but in terms of our heart for God and His people. That's what church is all about eh? I really thank God for this church. :)

Anyway, after service...Andrea & Reggie came to speak to 'the groupies' for a while. haha! Then Abi wanted to see our roof terrace. It's this area with a great sea view, and where we have tables for new-comers to hang out, have a cuppa, and there's even a bbq pit! So the coloured ones were ooh-ing and ahh-ing...and we did the touristy thing of taking a peekture! haha! That's the pic you see above.

Erica and myself in Daniel's car...on our way to Ikea for lunch. See Erica's nose stud?? Wahhhh! Somebody so cool lor. :p It was quite a noisy car-ride too with Abi and Erica jabbering away. haha! They crack me up man. At one point of time, some car behind us started horning us for no reason. Erica and Abi shouted "Ah shuddup lah!", and simulataneously, Jason in front gently said "we love you too brother!" I laughed so hard, cos I thought the difference in behaviour btw the front row and back row of the car was so different. Oh my fwens...they're so cute.

Our big big lunch....after we finally secured a table. Ikea was so crowded lor! Abi and Erica had the herbed chix, the rest of us had the poached salmon, there was also a plate of meatballs and chix wings that we shared.

Contented & full after lunch. Abi on the opp side of the lens.

"Walking in His footsteps?"
Jason and his cute footprints shot at the Ikea carpark.

Thanks once again you guys, for visiting Riverlife. :) It was very fun hosting you all.
Be good to each other!

No comments: