Saturday, May 17, 2008

Leaning into the beauty of the next....

A quote from 'Watermark', which consists of husband-wife duo Nathan & Christy Nockels, for their final album, "A Grateful People". I've always loved them for their beautiful lyrics and Christy's expressive vocals (you hear her distinctive voice on the Passion albums as well)....and their music has seen me through my formative years as a young Christian. So yeah...their music really means something to me. :)

This precious quote from Christy really resonated with me....and it was quite comforting for me as I journey through and embrace the different seasons that God has ordained for me.

"God has beautifully used moments in time, songs, people and places to show us that He's weaving us into His story and using us for His glory and fame. It's in these transition times that we realize that He moves...He takes His hand from one thing and places it on another...however He wants, whenever He wants. As we follow Him and deliberately move where He moves, He's able to use us powerfully to make Himself shine

I'm reminded of the definition of a Watermark that we came across so many years ago: "An impression only visible when held up to the light." The Light of this world is moving and pursuing people who will align with who He is, no matter what it takes, so that He becomes visible through us to the world. as we move where He 's moving, with His purpose and His heart, He takes shape in us, we come alive, and His glory is shown on the earth around us. What a treasure it is to transition, to move, to align, to grow, to recognize the ending of one glorious season and to lean into the beauty of the next...


We are truly grateful people"- Christy Nockels, Watermark

2 comments:

Andrea Khoo said...

What a beautiful quote :) I'm also learning that transitions are not bad actually, they usually mean we are growing and moving further down the road...

Michelle-Lea said...

Yeah, thanks my pink fwen for being that voice of encouragement as I walk this road. I think I'll be so emo without you. "Keep me where the light is"!! hehe!