Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Sunshine of My Life

The things that Dawnie says really cracks me up sometimes. haha! I love my "Ah Lian" fwen! :)

[Talking about books over dinner]
Mich: Yeah, for the books that I REALLY LOVE, I usually keep two copies. Like I have two copies of Tolkien's Lord of the Rings and Jane Austen's novels. 
Dawn: Har?? How come?
Mich: Eh...one is my private copy, usually a box set that's meant for the book shelf....the other is a browsing copy, for me to lend people. And this copy can be folded, highlighted etc. 
Dawn: Wah...you library ah? 
Mich: ....... 

==============================================================
[I recently sent out an email with details about the Hillsong United workshops and concert on Sat. e.g. meeting time/venue...web site link...list of attendees etc.]
Here's a sample:

    * 1100 - Workshop attendees meet for brunch at Lerk Thai
    * 1215 - end of lunch, proceed for workshop
    * 1600 - end of workshop, coffee/ quick bite for dinner
    * 1700-1715 - queue for entry
    * 1745 - non-workshop attendees join us in queue/inside
    * 1900 - concert time (i.e. prepare to be Fluffified!)

Dawn: Auntie Mich, you organising 10-day tour ah? having said that, Fluffy would be proud of you. 
Mich: I didn't come up with the detailed plan!!! It was Nigel!!! ahhhhh!! I'm not capable of coming up with such detailed plans one. 10 day tour. *faintz*

2 comments:

Dawn said...

HAHAHA. the ang moh lian laughs at herself!!! eh anyways, your "browing copy" cannot brow lah, can only browSe. quick change!!! you're editor leh!!! faster!!!

Michelle-Lea said...

AHHH!! I totally missed that typo. Ok ok, changed liao. Thanks for pointing out. I lub you Dawnieeee!! :)