Wednesday, July 29, 2009

When Fluffy Came To Town


This is a teaser trailer for the 2nd installment of the I Heart Revolution dvd that Fluffy screened during his workshop on Sat, titled "From the Inside Out." Very honest and provoking, it really tore me up inside while I was watching it. 

Joel at the workshop, quoting Mother Teresa, "Truth is humility"

During his excellent workshop, Fluffy preached about being a people defined by truth, love and justice. It's such a challenge, rising to that call. It's really going to cost us. During the Hillsong United concert, we sang, "with everything, we will shout for Your glory, with everything, we will shout forth your praise." That moment was when I came undone. 

"With EVERYTHING"....that's a scary thing to sing. Made me realize that I've got such a long way to go in the journey of radical surrender, obedience & commitment to Christ. I don't think I've ever come away feeling so burdened or broken for God from a worship experience before. And honestly, I didn't expect it from the Hillsong United concert at Expo. But I'm really glad that it was a lot more than a night of Ra-ra, hype, jumping around, bright lights and fantastic music. As Joel said, "if our worship has no effect on the streets outside, infiltrating the dark places, then perhaps we've missed the point."

I've come away with a whole new level of respect for Joel Houston now after seeing him preach and lead worship....he leads with such humility, integrity and depth. Dawnie approves of my Fluffy too....she thinks he's so real. :) 

So how was the Hillsong United workshop/concert for you? Leave a comment with your thoughts! 

Soundbites:
===============
Cheryl and Darren (via sms): Happy Fluffy Day!!!
Mich: *warm and fuzzy feelings*

Andie (to Nigel while he's talking to Morris during Joel's workshop): *sternly* Don't disturb people's Fluffy time!! 
(That's so funny coming from Andie!) 

Dawnie to Mich: *during the intro of "The Stand" This one Fluffy song! :)
Mich: Wah you know ah? 
Dawnie: Of cos lah! *smiles proudly*
(I'm so proud of her. haha!) 

Glenn: *after the concert* Are you the happiest woman alive on the planet? 

Abi: *on her blog* michelle met her fluffy and is totally smitten. worse than chris smitten. worse than jason smitten. she’s totally for fluffy. she has palpitations. seriously. damn cute.
(The palpitations are absolutely true. I had to sit down and fan myself to calm down.)

3 comments:

Dawn said...

janice: judah smith is a cha cha dancer lah.

dawnie: joel houston is a plumber lah. (you must watch Desperate Housewives to get this. it's the scruffy thing)

Michelle-Lea said...

eh?? Dawnie are u commenting on behalf of Janice?

Dawn said...

errr no. but i agree with her what. she is very introspective and perceptive. like me. and we look out for double eyelids. HAHA.