Saturday, April 28, 2007

Every beat of my heart

It has been a humbling experience indeed....being sick for such a prolonged period, and having to teach vocal classes without speaking, but just whispering, using hand gestures, and writing on the board/ paper. (It drew some laughs from the students I assure you!)

When you get to a point where every breath you take is a real struggle; every word you try to speak/sing actually hurts; every step you take becomes a real physical exertion......you start to realize how absolutely reliant we are upon God, for all of life is a gift from Him. I've learnt not to take the smallest things for granted now. I've learnt (the hard way) to wait and listen more, and to let my words be few.

Thank You God for watching over every beat of my heart. :)
Thank You God for being so gracious with me in the classroom....
For teaching me how to use the voice of the heart,
above the voice of the physical body.


"In this life, as I walk these streets
Love open my eyes, show me what You see
I know, I'll never let you go"
- 'Never let me go' by Joel Houston



(As for a health update....my voice is slowly recovering. Hopefully that stabilizes. But I'm still coughing, and I've recently sprained my wrist. I don't know how on earth that happened. Best right? haha! So now it hurts when I try to hold cups/ brush my teeth/play keyboard.)

No comments: