Tuesday, April 10, 2007

MAD

If you think the above scene of my office cubicle is bizarre....then well, I'm just as stunned as you. My brilliantly insane colleague Bernice (who sits opp. me) decided that it would be Mumble's (my soft toy penguin) birthday today. She just decided...and there was nothing I could do to stop her. She then proceeded to make Mumble a birthday card (ref to the pic) for everyone to sign (in fact you can see some signatures already).....and of course she pasted Mumble on top of it, with a celebratory balloon beside him.

Next came the announcement card:

If you can't read it clearly....it states:
"Hello Everybody! I'm 2 years old this year. Wish me Happy Burfdae!
Please sign on my card & pass my pressies to Michelle!"

Erm......mind you, I sit DIRECTLY OUTSIDE the Directors' Office hor! And everyone's gonna think that I assembled that myself.

The news started spreading in the office...and soon an e-mail was sent out by Dorcas, our F&B in-charge stating this:

"Hello
In celebration of Mumble's 2 yr old birthday (See michelle's table), I will be catering Chicken Cutlet Japanese Curry this thursday evening!!

Menu: Chicken Cutlet Japanese Curry (ingredients: chicken cutlet, carrots, potatoes,onions, rice and of cse Japanese curry sauce!!!)
Cost: ~ S$3.00

Please place your order using the order form by Wednesday evening.

Thanks.
Dorcas"

Mmmmm......I think it was the Vit B complex pill that Bernice ate that's to blame for this madness. It probably made her hyper. haha!

No comments: