Tuesday, December 13, 2005

A Million Miles...(Rick Price)

I've been listening to Rick Price's acoustic bonus cd, from his 2003 album "A Million Miles". Yeah, remember that fella? All of us went crazy over 'Heaven Knows' in secondary sch. So nostalgic sia? heh! Just bought that CD from Gramaphone tdy...cos i was searching for acoustic songs for the Esplanade Christmas gig.

It's an incredible acoustic CD...featuring the kind of music I love the most. Just beautiful, sensitive vocals and a guitar...if the song works in that stripped down format, it must be a great song! (and Sting agrees to that as well)

Some of the tracks on the CD are 'Fragile', 'Walk away Renee', 'Heaven knows' and 'If you were my baby' (probably featuring this in our gig). I know it seems a tad cheesy and dated...but these tracks are different from the studio versions. It's almost like hearing Rick Price live!! I let Bernice listen to it just now...and we both agreed that the songs sounded so PURE, and he delivers them with such heart-breaking sensitivity (better than the studio/ radio versions).

My heart went to pieces lah when I heard his songs.....was melting and about to burst into tears in front of my office PC. It's been a long time since a song did that for me! Now that's music....it should touch and move the soul. None of that crap we hear on the radio these days....(eg. Madonna's latest single. some thrashy dance track. *rolls eyes*)

I'll try and upload the Rick Price mp3s onto Multiply, so everyone can enjoy it.

No comments: