Sunday, December 11, 2005

Thank you for the music

I was quite wiped out by grading and lesson planning this week...falling sick AGAIN. haha! Like how many times can I fall sick rite? But anyway, the rehearsal I had tdy with my band "Disclosure" and Andrea's band "5@play" (for our Christmas day gig at Esplanade) was really refreshing and therapeutic! I had forgotten how amazing the gigging/ jamming experience cld be.

The company mattered a lot of course...it was great fun to be hanging out and laughing with my buddies. Andrea and her band are SUCH gifted musicians too, which really make them such a blast, a joy to work with!

Andrea: Our Disclosure songs "What's going on" and "Freedom'90" have turned out so amazingly cool in the hands of your band!!! :) I keep re-playing the MD recording.

Today, I also found out that there is a funky riff from a song called 'The Chicken' by Pee Wee Ellis (thanks George for the info). And I don't think it's from 'Chicken Little' soundtrack. The Disclosure vocalists were very surprised to find out there was really such a song! haha! Reggie, our bassist is using part of the bass line in the interlude for "What's going on".

Anyway, I just wanted to say to the Disclosure and 5@play guys....thank you for the brilliant music folks!! You rock!! :)

Here's a pic of Kelvin (Disclosure vocalist) and Terry (the drummer hidden behind) in our spacious studio (with our own couch, n personal ensuite toilet too) I know it doesn't exactly look like we're having a crazy time in tt pic...but I only had time for tt one photo. :p

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 comment:

Andrea Khoo said...

harrow!

i almost brought my camera today, next time i'll bring and u can take more pix :)

hey, it's always goes 2 ways...great vocals can ignite a band too, haha! i always find i play differently depending on who's singing.

we really enjoy all the "Disclosure" songs! Brought out another side of us :)

i will post something in response to your blog...

P. Drea