Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The "Crucible" of life....

It seems like so many of us have been finding it a difficult, rough start to the year....
We find ourselves being thrown into the 'fire'...and being broken (again).


Honestly, I keep seeing that word pop up lately. Aaron's msn nick was "Bless this broken road", Andrea's was "This broken road", mine was "Broken Flowers". Add on to that the Ginny Owens songs I've been listening to...where the theme of brokenness definitely is a golden thread running through her songs.

[Let me deviate by explaining the whole "Broken Flowers" nick, which actually came from the Bill Murray movie.....I was sharing with Audrey and Andrea, how i've been so intrigued by that image. So poignant....fragility vs beauty; beauty IN fragility. Mirrors our own r/p with Christ.
Audrey went on to add how flowers are organic...and they only get torn, not broken per se. SO, if they do get broken...it must have been quite a violent, deliberate act. Chew on tt!]

I was talking to Desmond about the situations/season that many of us are in now...and I just called it the "crucible" of life.
Might not really be a 'HAPPY' new year for some of us....but I suppose God must be teaching us something.

Andrea posted this song on her blog...and I was really moved by it in this season of my life. Spoke so deeply to my heart!

[Andrea: I read on the web that Jeremy lost his first wife to cancer and it really devastated him. And he was only 24 or younger when that happened. The songs on his "Worship Project" cd (where this one comes from) I think reflected his own personal journey coming to grips with what happened. He's since been remarried and with a new baby.]

WALK BY FAITH
by Jeremy Camp
================

Will I believe You when You say
Your hand will guide my every way
Will I receive the words You say
Every moment of every day

Chorus:
I will walk by faith even when I cannot see
Because this broken road
Prepares Your will for me
Help me to rid my endless fears
You've been so faithful for all my years
With one breath You made me new
Your grace covers all I do

Well I'm broken but I still see Your face
Well You've spoken
Pouring Your words of grace

No comments: