Thursday, January 05, 2006

Read between the lines

"You just call out my name
And you know, wherever I am
I'll come running, to see you again
Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall
All you gotta do is call
And I'll be there baby,
You've got a friend" -Carole King-

I've been listening to loads of Carole King and Corrinne May lately. They're both amazing female singers...their voices arrest you, grab your attention, and there's a certain warmth that goes deep into your heart and soul. Lovely to play their music on a rainy day. ha!Plus, they share a connection in that they've collaborated on the writing of "If you didn't love me".

Audrey and I were singing "You've got a friend" on the mrt yesterday...while it was raining outside. That was a fun, heart-warming moment. :) As I put that song on repeat mode lately....I started to realize who are the friends ard me that I can REALLY count on.

It's no use telling me "I'm here for you, just call me"....when it really only means "I'm here for you, for a while....and/or when it's convenient". Ok, call me cynical....but it's true. That "i'm here, just call" statement has just become a social cliche....sometimes it rings empty.

I really don't think pple shld promise it at all, if they don't mean it.

On a more positive note, I sincerely treasure those friends who mean what they say, and can truly be counted on....for that insane phone call at 2am in the morning...to literally provide that shoulder to cry on...that hand to hold...for hugs....for prayers....for a hang-out session over beer/prata...for that teddy bear/ rose etc that says "I love you". I think you know who you are.

Thank you. You illuminate my darkness.

Here's a sweet tribute to my friends. Not a very poetic expression, but its groovy and fun, plus I know some of you lurrrve this song. hehe! I've dumped in the verse as well...cos i'm sure once you recognise the chorus, you'll want to sing more. HAHA!

"You to me are everything" by Svala
======================================
I would take the stars
Out of the sky for you
Stop the rain from falling
If you asked me to
I'd do anything for you
Your wish is my command
I could move a mountain when
Your hand is in my hand
Words cannot express
How much you mean to me
There must be some other way
To make you see
If it takes my heart and soul
You know I'd pay the price
Everything that I possess
I'd gladly sacrifice

Oh you to me are everything
The sweetest song
That I could sing
Oh baby, oh baby
To you I guess
I'm just a clown
Who picks you up
Each time you're down
Oh baby, oh baby

No comments: