Friday, September 15, 2006

John Mayer- "Continuum"

"Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
No it won't all go the way it should
But I know the heart of life is good." - "The Heart of Life'


"Down to the wire
I wanted water but I'll walk through the fire
If this is what it takes to take me even higher
Then I'll come through like I do
When the world keeps testing me, testing me, testing me" -"Vultures"


"When you're dreaming with a broken heart
The waking up is the hardest part
You roll out of bed and down on your knees
And for a moment you can hardly breathe
wondering
was she really here?"
-"Dreaming with a broken heart"


John Mayer's new album "Continuum" is absolutely fantastic!!!! (mind you, this is coming from someone who is not a John Mayer fan) It's just really great music! Every track on this album is strong on its own! This is pretty huge, considering how much rubbish is being released these days.

I'm really surprised at how much he's grown and evolved as a song-writer/singer/musician. His new album features such creative instrumentation (old school rock, blues, pop, jazz all fused together seamlessly)....and I just love how bold, soulful and richly textured his new sound is. (smart guy has surrounded himself with excellent musicians) His singing has improved a lot....he sings with remarkable tenderness, sincerity and a well-controlled falsetto! (Amazing, considering how limited his range used to be.) His lyrics are showing greater maturity, insight and wit as well. I LOVE IT!!!! A very strong effort dude! Or as Andrea has described "FIERCE!!" haha! I so agree.

I've uploaded some tracks on multiply, but because I believe that this album is soooo good, I will only upload 3 tracks as a preview. Please buy the album proper. It's definitely worth your money.
http://jazzymoo.multiply.com/music
1) Waiting on the world to change (current single that's being played on radio.)
2) Vultures (this is sooo groovy and sexy!!)
3) Dreaming with a broken heart (very tender and wistful. It'll break your heart. The piano playing-quite unusual for a John Mayer track- is very mesmerising and plaintive)

No comments: