Saturday, September 30, 2006

Sweet

It's the last week of term, and students have just been amazing again. During today's presentation lesson, almost all the students broke down in tears as they shared or listened to their classmates talk about their walk with God, and His faithfulness in their lives. It was truly a moving tear fest......and it all started with this humble, simple Indonesian student of mine, Hady (no not Sg Idol lah!). A GUY, the first to cry in class!!!! I did not see that coming.....but it was a preview of lots more to come.

I joked with one of the girls to leave her tissue packet on the music stand, cos I anticipated that it would come in handy! They all sang with such heartfelt delivery that I was blown away! I'm so proud of them....:) I think I did more hugging than actual evaluation of their presentations. But well, in a way...there was no need for the latter. It's all about bringing the students to heaven and back during that 1 hour of class. And looks like we did it.

My last class of the day was pretty powerful too.....seeing normally indifferent/aloof and detached students enter deeper and deeper into worship as the weeks progressed, lifting up their hands and smiling as they touched heaven. It's just awesome seeing God work in the classroom, melting down walls, breaking down our defences....and the transformation is so visible in their countenance! I got chills over and over again.

This week I've been blessed with loads of pressies too! (Michelle loves receiving pressies!) I got muffins, a huge decorative plaque, cards, hugs and really encouraging feedback and appreciation from the students. I thought the best one was this....there was this class which chased me out of the classroom for 2 mins....(sounds fishy rite? but i played along), and when I returned I saw something glittery on my keyboard. They had poured Hershey's choc kisses all over the keyboard! *MELT* It took some time to sweep off all the little chocs, but it was really such a creative gesture which touched my heart.

Bernice has been so cute too...cheering me up with flowers, balloons, mentos and Tic-Tac!! :)
See...I'm really quite easy to please. haha! In fact, I think if someone just gave me rainbow sprinkles in a plastic container, I'd be over the moon. Haha! I'll bet Steph thinks I'm loony again.

1 comment:

Sngs Alumni said...

(hugs hugs hugs)