Saturday, September 02, 2006

*Poofed*

Work has been unbelievably drama, intense, and hectic. So I really welcomed the arrival of the weekend! Here's what I did in a nutshell:

1) Met Andrea and Berno for a lovely lunch at Sakae Sushi, Citylink...and then we had ice-cream at Ben & Jerry's later. I had my Oatmeal Cookie flavoured ice-cream with my fav RAINBOW SPRINKLES!!!! Yeah!!! They just cheer up my day.

2) Picked up my friend the Macbook from iShop, Club21. (I'm sooooo glad she's back in my hands. It felt so strange without her ard!) Also managed to traumatize and then make friends with some of the Club21 service staff. I'm so glad I met some of the more helpful and knowledgeable ones this time round. They opened my eyes to a whole world of Mac culture. :) I hate ignorant service staff! C'mon, do justice to a great product/brand!
(btw, avoid Apple@Orchard pls.....their staff are so clueless, and i can hardly understand half of their mangled English.)

3) Had dinner with Agents Ninja and Cheerleader, and the sole Gah-men officer at PS cafe at Dempsey Road. Great, attentive service, beautiful decor and setting....but the prices are kinda steep, and you'll need a car or a taxi to get there. Next gathering at Rochester Park gals??

4) Today, I went for work as usual...classes went on until 2pm. Sheer joy (in the eyes of a teacher) is when your students' eyes light up in glee, and they start to smile and clap their hands excitedly/ victoriously after a session of AWESOME HARMONISING!! It's like seeing adults in a rare child-like moment!

I felt sooo proud of them, so happy for them, and so relieved for myself that I finally nailed a method for absolute beginners to grasp the basics of harmony. Thank God man...cos last wk's 1st lesson on harmony was rather messy. Today, these amateurs, were singing like an experienced choir.....to a super difficult United Live song too, "Came to the rescue". Sorry...allow me to gush....but I was just overjoyed and pleasantly surprised. They are accomplishing in 2 weeks, what many vocalists struggle with for weeks and months. All I did was prompt the first group with their starting note, and the other groups were able to find their own harmonising notes confidently in like 2 secs! AMAZING! All systems go!! After that, worshipping with our songs was just so powerful. :)

5) After classes ended at 2pm, I had a training session until 4pm with the new junior vocal coach. It was xiong ah....but time well-spent....praying together, sharing updates on life, and learning together. I feel quite comfortable with him...he's got a very teachable, pure, humble spirit.

6) After training ended at 4pm, I did grading and other admin work until 6pm (started to go into 'screen saver mode' by then), and met Shirley for dinner and shopping.

7) Now Michelle is just *poofed*.....gonna finish up this blog post and watch LOST Season 1!!

No comments: