Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Rie's Wedding@The Raffles Hotel

Last weekend was Cherie's wedding. Yes, another one of our 31/97, AJC classmates married off! I was seriously ill all of last week, but miraculously managed to pull it together at the last min to sing "Bless the broken road" during Rie's dinner walk-in. I'm glad I did it in the end, cos I quite enjoyed the experience. (I don't get to gig now remember?) Jon (who kindly accompanied me on guitar) and I only practised for about 45 mins in all I think, so we were pleasantly surprised that we pulled it off smoothly enough. Yay!

Ooh, I even got to meet and chat with local singer-musician Cat Ong and her really funny, cool guitarist David. They were employed to play at the wedding. Thanks Rie, for that opportunity to grab Cat's contact! heh! She was such a warm, friendly and encouraging lady.

Here are some pics from that nite taken with me hp! :)

Group pic with the lovely bride, Cherie (top row, right)
I really thought your evening gown was so elegant dear!

May and Mariann, Rie's 12 yr old little sis. They were doing this 'thumb dance' the whole nite, and annoying their 'neighbour', Ashanti with it. haha! Check out May's fancy hair-do. Got flowers (note PLURAL) in her hair ah! Fwah!

Our table- the class of 31/97, AJC: (Left to right) Mariann, May(World Bank officer), Ashanti (the Gah-men officer), me, Sophine (the lawyer)

May singing with David

No comments: