Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Brooke Fraser- "Albertine"

Hymn (by Brooke Fraser)
=====================

If to distant lands I scatter
If I sail to farthest seas
Would you find and firm and gather
'Til I only dwell in Thee

If I flee from greenest pastures
Would you leave to look for me
Forfeit glory to come after
'Til I only dwell in Thee

If my heart has one ambition
If my soul one goal to seek
This my solitary vision
'Til I only dwell in Thee


"Now that I have seen, I am responsible"- Brooke Fraser, 'Albertine' (a song about a Rwandan orphan, Albertine, whose parents were brutally murdered in the 1994 Rwandan Genocide)


These are snippets from Brooke Fraser's latest album....which you can't even find here in Singapore. This baby was flown over from Sydney! :) It's been put on repeat mode on my iPod. You can really hear how her sound and song-writing has matured over the years. The best part about her is how her faith and compassion shines through. Her songs are stirring, poetic, inspiring, challenging....and full of social conscience, which is so lacking in today's music scene.


I've uploaded some tracks on my multiply website: http://www.jazzymoo.multiply.com/music

If you like what you hear, do yourself a big favour and check out her lyrics at http://www.brookefraser.com/lyrics/home.do
You can't fully appreciate Brooke Fraser until you closely examine her amazing lyrics.

[Steph: This one is for you lah! You're so stressing me out with your demands for music, blog posts etc. haha! I'm actually super tired from work....so I had to take time out to do this for you. You better appreciate it lor. haha!]

3 comments:

oatsandapples said...

ムムを愛してる!

Michelle-Lea said...

I assume that means 'thank you'?? You show-off lah! You know I can't read Jap. haha!

oatsandapples said...

hahaa! but i thought u can read
'(i) is loving moo moo'

I LOVES YOU!!!!