Friday, May 25, 2007

"Shadow Feet"

A new song by Brooke Fraser, the songbird from New Zealand.....this song of hers has been on repeat mode on my iPod. It's helped me to retain some semblance of sanity during this tiring and difficult week. I love how her lyrics reflect the influence of C.S Lewis, one of her favourite writers. She writes very maturely and poetically....beautiful metaphors and motifs interweaved in her songs. :)

Watch the awesome video of "Shadow Feet" here!
http://www.brookefraser.com/musicbox/home.do

And yes, I must acknowledge the one who enthusiastically introduced me to Brooke in the first place. Ahem, yes Glenn, I know you're reading this.....so here goes: Yes, Brooke rocks ALL THE TIME! *rolls eyes* haha!

==================================================================
"Shadow Feet" (by Brooke Fraser)
-----------------------------------------------
Walking, stumbling
On these shadow feet
Toward home, a land that I've never seen
I am changing
Less and less asleep
Made of different stuff than when I began

And I have sensed it all along
Now fast approaching is the day

CHORUS
When the world has fallen out from under me
I'll be found in you, still standing
When the sky rolls up and mountains fall on their knees
When time and space are through
I'll be found in you

There's distraction
Buzzing in my head
Saying in the shadows it's easier to stay
But I've heard rumours of true reality
Whispers of a well-lit way


Bridge
You make all things new

1 comment:

oatsandapples said...

sweetie, i'm waiting for u to write some poetry or blog, or upload songs ..... :) hahaha :)
muuuaaaks!