Friday, May 11, 2007

Runaway Heart

As I was laying upon my bed, I found myself struggling to fall asleep
My thoughts were running in a million directions
My heart was restless...and it felt like there was a series of knots within.
"Why can't I sleep Lord?" I cried out in frustration.

First came silence,
then the Voice came ever so clearly,
"you can't just bury your disappointments
and keep on running through life.
They'll just catch up with you."

The answer pierced through...
I have a runaway heart.

I could only crumble and cry before the One
who sees through me,
who arrests my heart with tenderness,
who delivers me from the weight of my sin,
who holds me in everlasting arms.


"You have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles’ wings and brought you to Myself. Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine."
- Exodus 19:3-5

No comments: