Monday, July 02, 2007

Bernice's Wedding: "How Love Should Be"

It was Berno's wedding over the weekend!!! Oh my fwen is MARRIED!!! I look like absolute crap in that pic, but check out how RADIANT AND PRETTY my fwen is!!! *sniffles* My fwen, despite her busy-ness that day.... could still ask me "When are we meeting next week??". And during her all her walk-ins, she would mouth 'MY FWEN!!' excitedly as she passed by. Bless her heart! See why I adore this girl?

Here are some shots of the 'Best Penguin'! haha! This is Mumble's erm...humble ang pow for Berno. He gave his best fish to her! :)His name was actually on her guest list/seating plan for the wedding dinner. Berno's fren who was in charge of the recep table actually excitedly requested to SEE Mumble, cos she was told to expect him. So yes...I had to quickly present him to her, before hiding him in my bag again. Wahh...so malu. haha! Then after that, we deposited his ang pow into the box.

Here's Mumble taking his place at the dinner table! (That's Reggie's hand in the background).
My crazy fwen Berno, actually asked "Where's Mumble?" during her dinner walk-in as she passed by our table. This bride will never grow up. haha!

Andrea and I at the dinner table! We haven't caught up in a while...see the big smiles? :)
And yes, good job fwen! In Andrea's words: "Berno looked absolutely beautiful in her gowns from Amanda Lee. When I hugged her in church, she said "Thank you for the gowns!" Mich and I were congratulating ourselves for "saving" her from being decked out in potentially unmemorable "Precious-Moment-without-the-s" gowns..."

Jaymee and Berno in her rather Elvish evening gown. :)

I wish I managed to take more photos with the radiant bride, but she was quite busy dashing from place to place. :) Still, it was one of the sweetest, most moving and meangingful weddings I've attended ever. Most weddings are just run-of-the-mill, and routine you know. But this time, God's presence was SO REAL (as the wedding couple had prayed for) and I was so blessed by the church wedding although it was conducted almost entirely in mandarin. For those who know the journey they've been on individually and as a couple....you can see His sovereignty and His hand at work in their lives so evidently.

Thank you Berno and Henry....for being such a huge blessing to us...individually and as a couple. Thanks for involving me in your wedding song (yes, Berno wrote a song for the wedding..in mandarin. :))....allowing me to be your vocal coach. haha! You sounded so amazing on the recording, and it was so sweet, it really moved me to tears.

Through your lives, we've seen how beautiful it is to serve His heart, to walk in the centre of His will, surrendering all of our days, our desires and dreams to Him.
Through your journey, we've learnt how to trust in God and we've seen His goodness revealed.

Thank you for showing us a glimpse of how love should be....

No comments: