Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Mich@Seng Kang

stephanie says: show me pics of ur new roommmmm
sengkanger! hahah
**Eowyn** says: ok ok..
stephanie says: eeeee
stephanie says: so ulu
stephanie says: eeeee. so unglam

Ah yes...and that's the welcome I get after the big move to Seng Kang. (I love you too Steph!) Yes, I'm offically a Seng Kang-er. *dead-pan expession*. Thanks so much to May and Rie for helping to shift my things! I know I can always count on you babes. :) Thank Marcus, my new neighbour, for helping me get orientated to this new estate where everything still looks the same to me.

It's been an exhausting day cos of the unpacking. My parents were SHOCKED at how much shit one girl has, and they kept exclaiming "no space lah! where u going to start? too much lah!" Believe me, I shocked myself too..at the tonnes of STUFF I have....13 plastic containers, 4 paper boxes, 1 suitcase, 2 gym bags to be exact. But ah well....as Glenn said, "Well, you keep your Lit notes what...so it figures." It was a funny moment when one of the movers said this as he lifted my box of books "Wah, Solid ah!" ahhaha!

I guess I really will miss my grandparents...especially having daily meals with them n laughing at their antics. I'll definitely be visiting them regularly now that I've shifted over. But a good thing about shifting over is having all my stuff in one room again!! Wheee! Instruments, laptop, TV, books, cds, bed etc. :) Was telling Eunice and Winnie, that I felt truly at home when MY INSTRUMENTS were settled. haha! Of course, sorting out my books and cds gave me even more joy. Teehee!

My beautiful bookshelf cum CD towers. My books FINALLY have a place to call home. Before that, they were all scattered and hidden away. Now they're sorted according to genre. Yay! The CDs are sorted alphabetically according to genre too (Male/Female Artiste, Groups, Jazz, Classical, Funk, Fusion Rock, A Cappella, Christian Contemporary Music, Soundtracks, Musicals, Misc.) Ta-dah!!! Sorry...this is so geeky I know, but it gets me hyped. As you can see, I have extra space too...so I can buy more!! haha!

The LOTR collection and Jane Austen box-sets taking centre-stage! Flanked by the treasured John Donne anthology of poems acquired from Sydney.


I've inherited my great-grandfather's dictionaries and encyclopedias!!!!! My grandmother passed them on to me...obviously nobody else would appreciate it. Apparently he was a court translator or something. Quite highly educated type. I was quite moved as I placed them on my bookshelf. So much history. :)

I'll post pics of the rest of my room when its fully done up. :) I still need to go to Ikea for stuff.

3 comments:

Andrea Khoo said...

Welcome, "neighbour"!

Realised that you took pix only of your shelf of books and CDs, and not the bed and everything else, haha...

Books do furnish a room :)

Michelle-Lea said...

Haha! Yes hello there neighbour! :)
Lit students and their priorities... I was happily staring at my shelf while lying in bed last night. *contentment*

Btw, now I understand why you sorted your books according to countries! Makes sense my fwen! :)

marc's the name said...

your room so jap style. ha..