Sunday, July 22, 2007

Grace notes

I had a small gig with Jon last night at New Life Vineyard Church (small house church in a shophouse@Katong). Well, not really a gig....it was actually an open-mike session cum outreach event. And apart from singing lead on "Bless the Broken Road", I mostly did back-up vocals for Jon's original songs. His songs are the killer, challenging kind lor. (there's hardly a simple, clean chord in his songs. They're all 7th, 9th, augmented, diminished etc with weird key modulations!!) So to be honest, I was feeling kinda stressed out preparing for it cos I had no time nor energy after teaching all week.

I won't say the gig was perfect, there were some minor booboos....but all in all, it turned out to be a refreshing and fun experience! :) I really miss the music making...sigh. The feedback we received was very positive......and I think the cozy, homely setting was the perfect way to break the ice for newcomers. Also, I got to meet new musician friends, Ivan and Nigel. :) So it was most cool!

Thank God for reminding me to pray before the gig too....afterall it was an outreach event, and we really wanted to acknowledge God as the source of all our gifts, and to use them for His glory. I really needed that reminder, as I was totally caught up in the preparation. Thanks to Jason, for remembering us, and covering us in prayer too! Much appreciated. :)

No comments: