Sunday, August 26, 2007

Parachute Band @ Riverlife Church

Have I mentioned that I love my church? :) Haha! Today...my church had the pleasure of hosting Wayne & Libby Huirua from Parachute Band....and they led worship for us during service. It was a really powerful & ministering time of worship....I think we were extremely blessed to have them with us. :) The worship set was as follows:

1) Lord You are good (by Israel Houghton)
2) God of wonders
3) Beautiful Saviour (by Planet Shakers)
4) It is well with my soul
5) Still

They didn't sing their own Parachute band songs at all! I was quite surprised. I must say they blew me away because of their humility, and huge, generous hearts for the church.....and how that helped us go into deep, intimate worship with God. Yeah...it was just a sweet time of LAVISHING praise on our God, and learning to rest & trust in the One who is bigger than our hearts and circumstances.

It's been a trying time for me of late, but during that time of worship, something just resonated deeply in my spirit, I felt affirmed once again, of the specific call that God has upon my life- to be a voice that sings for Him, connecting people to God. I just LOVE to see His people worshipping Him...that has gotta be the most beautiful sight on earth. :) And yeah..that is what I want to live for.

After worship, we had a special item, "Adore," by the whole Huirua family. It was such an endearing sight to see the 2 kids singing and playing along with their parents. Libby quipped "Don't we look like the Von Trapp family? Only thing is we're not Austrians....just Kiwis. :)"
Their little boy even had his own pint-sized guitar! You could hear the whole church go "Awwwww!" haha! And Wayne went "yeah, he's so cute isn't he?"

My silly new hp's camera is quite fuzzy...so I apologize that the pictures aren't sharp enough. I couldn't get a clear view of the eldest daughter either from my angle.

The ONLY view of the eldest daughter I could get....from the big screen.

Wayne & his cute little son....who plays very skillfully on the guit btw!! They were very tight, and even ended the song surprisingly on some funny 7th or 9th chord TOGETHER. Wow! In all, I was really moved by that scene and I pray that if and when I have my own family, my kid(s) will grow up like that!! :) I was just 2 rows behind the Huirua family....so I saw the kids worshipping God passionately off-stage, while their parents were onstage leading the church into rousing worship. Isn't that beautiful? They're a really close and affectionate family too. Occasionally, the little boy would run to the wings of the stage to follow his father.....or he would sit on his father's lap during the sermon, and you can see Wayne & Libby hugging their kids. It was very heartwarming to see a family just overflowing with God's love. :)

Yeah, so at the end of service...I left not with an impression of cool songs by Parachute band....but feeling blessed by their generous hearts & spirits. It is just like how Oswald Chambers said..."When the Spirit fills us, we are transformed, and by beholding God we become mirrors (2 Corin 3:18). You can always tell when someone has been beholding the glory of the Lord, because your inner spirits sense that he mirrors the Lord's own character."
I realize that I need to guard against a hurried lifestyle that disturbs my relationship of abiding in Him.

No comments: