Thursday, August 16, 2007

Your love is a miracle

Sometimes I forget that I'm so richly blessed....through the love of dear friends, and the unfailing love of God. A little poem to remind myself of how love is truly a miracle that surrounds us daily. We just need to 'wipe our windows' (-J.R.R Tolkien) and gaze out in renewed wonder again! :)
==================================================================

I'm hardly an extraordinary soul,
Or one with a particularly generous heart.
At times, I get so wrapped up in my own world
That I shut you out in the cold.
And yet, you're always there....
with an open heart, and outstretched hand.
You choose to fight my battles with me,
and I guess I just wanna say
That your love is a daily miracle to me.

It's there in the spaces between us,
as sure as the air that we breathe.
Casting a reflection of the One
who first embedded that deep instinct within us.
It brings a smile to my face...
To see glimpses of His heart in you, my friend.

But while our shadow love may inspire songs and poetry,
and move many to acts of heroism.
Only Your love O God, will silent all of creation,
and cause a heart to bow in awe.
Only Your love, unquenchable even by many waters,
would drive You to the cross for me.
Only Your love which is stronger than death,
will lead me home.
Your love is the miracle that I need.

=================================================================
" Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm;
For love is as strong as death, jealousy as cruel as the grave;
Its flames are flames of fire, a most vehement flame.

Many waters cannot quench love, nor can the floods drown it.
If a man would give for love all the wealth of his house,
It would be utterly despised."- Song of Solomon 8:6-7

No comments: