Sunday, August 12, 2007

Stop

It's all about perspective....

"A number of years ago, I met a wise man who changed my life. In countless ways, large and small, I was always seeking the Lord's blessing. I was saying, you know, 'I have a new song, look after it.' Or, 'I have a family, please look after them.' Or, 'I have this crazy idea...'

and this wise man said. 'Stop.' He said, "Stop asking God to bless what you're doing. Get involved in what God is doing--because it's already blessed."- Bono from U2, on his efforts for One, the Campaign to Make Poverty History (www.one.org , www.onesingapore.org)


"The curse of poverty has no justification in our age. It is socially as cruel and blind as the practice of cannibalism at the dawn of civilization, when men ate each other because they had not yet learned to take food from the soil or to consume the abundant animal life around them. The time has come for us to civilize ourselves by the total, direct and immediate abolition of poverty."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments: