Wednesday, December 26, 2007

"Hope which was lost, now stands renewed"

"For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Of the increase of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David's throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the LORD Almighty
will accomplish this."- Isaiah 9: 6-7



I attended Christmas svce with Shirley, Muffin Boy & Steph on Tues. And yeah...I agree with Muffin Boy that it was a surreal service.....the msg was simple but sincere, and the worship was wonderful too. I loved how the church totally embraced "Saviour King" which was a brand new song for us. Once again, songwriters really have such an important role in crafting songs that articulate the heart's cry of the people. "Saviour King" is one of those songs that express all that you wish to tell God/ or at least aspire to.

It was also a powerful, personal moment with God. In between tears, I reflected over the journey He's taken me over the past year....it definitely wasn't an easy ride, but I see the neccessity of it now. I've learnt to seek His face & His heart, more than His hand, His blessings. Besides the valleys, there were also many amazing blessings....finally finding a church to call home, shifting to a new place, growing into a new supervisory/, mentoring role at work, meaningful new friendships & the cementing of old ones etc. :) Through it all...He is faithful.

I found myself thinking about how I would like to grow in the new year ahead....or whom I would like to become. And this is what I told God....
"I really don't have much to offer,
But I want to love You so much more than this.
Grip my heart with Your love & compel me into action.
All so that we may all be one (John 17)."

God grant me the strength to live for You.

Saviour King

Let now our hearts burn with a flame
A fire consuming all
For Your son's holy name
And with the heavens we declare
You are our King.

I love You Lord
I worship You
Hope which was lost
Now stands renewed.

I give my life
to honour this
The love of Christ
The Saviour King.

No comments: