Sunday, December 02, 2007

"My Little Corner of the World"

I'm too tired to be literary this evening....so here's an update on my week in plain English. Heck it..I'm gonna do it in point form! hahaa!

- I'm starting to really enjoy the supervisory/mentoring aspect of my job. :) Its just so rewarding and fruitful seeing my junior coaches growing week by week. And knowing that these are skills that will see them well through life too. I'm enjoying how our relationships are acquiring more depth too through the sharing of lives. :) Yay!

- These few weeks, I've been spending more time with my Aunts and cousins who are visiting from Sabah. It's been really nice hanging out with them...they never fail to crack me up with their amazing sense of humour. Our times together are always filled with that comforting sense of familial warmth. Like how Sabrina (now 16) and Aeron (now 22) will give me silly, random pokes or hugs. heh! We were at Vivocity where they had this Christmas fair in the atrium. I caught sight of some super cute stuffed toys and ran over to the shelf. Aeron and Sabrina followed me, rolled their eyes and said, "What are you? 7 years old?" haha! Ok, so apparently I'm 7 yrs old. C'mon, let's all embrace our inner child! Never lose the wonder I say! haha!

I ended up buying 3 of these soft toys..and I gave the mini unicorn to Berno, cos I have the bigger one!. Check this out....awwwwww!

"One of these kids is doing his own thing, one of these kids is not the same..*La la la*"
Try and see who's the odd fella out, the one who's trying desperately to fit in. hehee!

- I had a belated bday celebration with Audrey on Sat...we had a late lunch at Thai Express! How many times can I say this? MICHELLE LOVES THAI FOOD! haha! And of cos we ordered our fav Tom Yum fish soup. Can't get enuff of that. :) We had fun just catching up, shopping and ooooh, she got me such a cool pressie- a Choc Fondue Set!! Wheeeeee!! Yes, u guys can come over to my place for more fun dinner parties!

- It's been a blessed Sabbath indeed. :) My mum attended service with me today!! (she didn't make any decision yet, but I believe that the seed has been planted.) Nick Vujicic was speaking at Riverlife this weekend. He's a 25 year old Australian born without limbs. But despite the obvious obstacles in his life, he's totally living life to the max and is now travelling around the world, reaching out to people and impacting them with the message of the love and hope we have in God. And he's just such an inspiring, endearing and authentic speaker. I was incredibly touched and blessed through his life story, and the joy of the Lord that was just overflowing from his heart.

- This afternoon, I met up with a bunch of sec sch frens at The Straits Kitchen, Hyatt Hotel for a buffet lunch. Yvonne, who only recently got married, is moving to Beijing with her husband for 2 years. We had a fun time catching up and eating so much till our brains went numb. haha! I don't think I deserve to eat for the next month!

You know, I think this is the best buffet spread that's available in S'pore right now. It's all local food but the spread is impressively extensive, and the quality is just excellent every time I go there. It's amazing how every dish is good man! I particularly enjoyed their Indian food. Fantastic stuff! Lynn, Lishan and I were quite horrified at how much Yvonne ate. She had 2 bowls of prawn mee (with diff types of soups), 2 bowls of Laksa, and 1 plate of chix rice, on top of the other stuff we ate like popiah, rojak, bbq chix and stingray, carrot cake, char kway teow, otah etc and erm...I better not start on the deserts. haha! How is it possible that one small girl can stomach down so much food??!?!

You pay about $38++ but it's quite worth it for the variety, quality and level of service. :) If you're keen to check it out, u better make a reservation early, cos they're always fully booked. haha!

Yeah, so that is how my week has been. I'm sure I've missed out some stuff...but my eyes are closing involuntarily now. So I shld watch a bit of Prison Break and get to bed. haha!

1 comment:

extravaganza said...

lady,
GYM!!!!!
i did 10 click i'm so proud :)