Monday, December 10, 2007

This Heart

This heart of mine...You have fashioned,
You see, and You know it through it and through.
You alone understand the depths of its passions,
its fragility and it's strengths,
its hidden wounds and regrets,
its dreams and hopes....

This heart of mine....You mend and make brand new.
Your grace and love fall down like rain,
Restoring my brokenness,
and awakening my glory,
birthing forth a new song.

This heart of mine....burns with one desire,
Own and keep it O Lord.
Amen.

==================================================================
Psalm 43: 3-5
"Oh, send out Your light and Your truth!
Let them lead me;
Let them bring me to Your holy hill
And to Your tabernacle.
Then I will go to the altar of God,
To God my exceeding joy;
And on the harp I will praise You,
O God, my God.

Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God;
For I shall yet praise Him,
The help of my countenance and my God."

No comments: