Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Soul2Soul @ Arts Cafe, Esplanade Library

Soul2Soul: Su Yin on keys, Matt on guit n vocals, Sharon on lead vox, Danny on guit n vocals, Jason on bass, James on percussions.

After finishing my class at 7.45pm tonight, I made a MAD dash to the Esplanade library to catch one of Soul2Soul's last gig. My Boo Fwen- Danny & Darkred Fwen- Jason were playing in the band, and I wanted to go support them as they connected and ministered to the audience with good music & honest sharing of life experiences. I only made it halfway through this set...but the songs that were played included "Change the world" (Eric Clapton); "Bless the Broken Road" (Rascal Flatts); "Always on your side" (Sheryl Crow & Sting); "The Remedy" (Jason Mraz) etc. Good stuff!

It was also a cool surprise to bump into ex-colleagues, students & church mates there. :)




Jason with his faithful mascot, Horlicks the horse...who follows him around for all his gigs.
His previous mascot, Milo the dinosaur was lost during our previous Esplanade gig, so I gave him Horlicks as a replacement. Check out Horlicks' funky dreadlocks!

Posing with a sniffly Jason...he was down with flu but soldiered on for this gig.

L-R: Muffy, Berno, Henry Choo & Boo Fwen!
Muffy has seen Soul2Soul 3x already for this season of gigs.. My gosh, he's like their hardcore groupie can? haha!

Me with my Boo Fwen! :)

No comments: